deleting the entire cache

Anatoly Vorobey mellon@pobox.com
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 03:36:15 +0200

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 05:36:15PM -0800, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Man, a whole slew of stuff.  Grep through the LJ source for LJ::MemCache
> (which is our tiny wrapper package around Cache::Memcached) and you'll
> find all the ways we use it.
>

> On Wed, 31 Dec 2003, Tim Yardley wrote:
>
> > Out of curiousity, what are the guidelines that LJ is using in determining
> > what to cache and how to cache it?
> >
> > Are you caching structures? Arrays of result rows from the DB?

Or, consult this file:
http://cvs.livejournal.org/browse.cgi/livejournal/doc/raw/memcache-keys.txt

It documents all our memcache usage and specifies how stuff is stored
(sometimes in perlspeak, like "arrayref" or "hashref"); if it doesn't
say anything for a particular key type, that means it has a scalar
value.

--
avva