Question to Cache::Memcached

Joachim Bauernberger joachim.bauernberger@friendscout24.de
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 21:00:41 +0200

Hi Brad,

On Monday 07 June 2004 20:13, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> I see no reason it should fail, unless you're using explicit hash values
> with your keys, and they're all zero.
>
> Try turning on debugging and seeing what hash values the Perl modules
> calculates for your keys,=20

I can only see my own key that I specified in an add command:
stderr: Cache::Memcache: add 020/dating/profilans
icht/profilAnsicht.xmlindex=3Dpage1userid=3D2466934 =3D

Those keys are all the same, though should I see another key with debug on?

The problem is that I am running CacheMemcached within apache/fastcgi and=20
writing the debug statements anywhere else than the apache error log (stder=
r)=20
is quiet a task.

> and if a) they're all the same, or b) they're=20
> not, but connects to 10.0.33.122:11211 fail.

Also I do not see any errors about failed connects.

Just to make sure, I also installed 1.13 but it's the same.
How does the module decide which backend to give it too (if no weight value=
 is=20
specified)?

Is there a restriction on how the keys may look?

My keys are similar to this (without quotes):

"010/dating/profilansicht/profilAnsicht.xmlindex=3Dpage1userid=3D2170797"

Also I tried instead passing an md5sum of the above key (to maybe get aroun=
d=20
restrictions) but no luck.

Reversing the order of ip:ports reverses the problem (the second box in the=
=20
list is always ignored).

thanks for your patience,
~/joachim

> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004, Joachim Bauernberger wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Monday 07 June 2004 18:05, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> > > What's your constructor for Cache::Memcached look like?
> >
> >        $memd =3D new Cache::Memcached {
> >             'servers' =3D>  \@memcachedhosts ,
> >             'debug' =3D> $option{memcached_debug},
> >             'compress_threshold' =3D> $option{compress_threshold},
> >         };
> >
> > # @memcachedhosts would be 10.0.33.121:11211 10.0.33.122:11211
> > # $option{memcached_debug} would be 0
> > # $option{compress_threshold} would be 2048
> >
> > thanks,
> > ~/joachim

> > --
> > Phone: +49 (0) 89 490 267 726