memcached crashing

Brad Fitzpatrick brad@danga.com
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 21:37:00 -0700 (PDT)

Scary.

Run it with -r to increase core file size, and make sure the user you run
it as has permission to write to the directory you start it from. (with -r
it won't chdir to /)

Then with the core file, we can inspect it with gdb.

But maybe it's not crashing and just quitting, like the event loop is
ending.

In that case, run it in the foreground but with strace in front of it:

strace ./memcached .....

Then paste what you see as its final output.