multiple pools in Java

Mybrid Spalding mybrid at datarebels.com
Wed Apr 6 17:47:17 PDT 2005

Hi!
  Happy Thursday! Thanks so much for replying.
  Ok, here is more detail. We  are having excellent success with this
very well designed product. One problem we are having is that large
objects only have a cache hit rate of 45% while small objects are 90%
plus. We speculate the root cause is that our web site uses objects of
every size imaginable and that there is not enough slab space for large
sized objects.  We'd like to experiment with segmenting by writing
objects larger than X to one cache pool where we tune X.
  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. JFYI, your cache
has helped us nearly double our bandwidth and we really truly appreciate
this product.

Thanks!
-Mybrid

Thanks!