Fault tolerance and cross client compatibility

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Apr 13 09:40:46 PDT 2005

Mathias,

Anatoly and I are working again on the virtual bucket/tracker thing again,
so soon this won't even matter.  In managed mode, clients won't do
rehashing and will instead just ask one of the trackers what nodes own
which vitual buckets.

(FYI: Anatoly and I reviewed/solidified the spec yesterday, and he started
work on the memcached side.  I'll be doing the first version of the
tracker, initially in Perl, Danga::Socket based (does epoll/kqueue), and
then later in C as part of memcached if we need it...)

- Brad