flush_all functionality at given time

Sean Chittenden sean at gigave.com
Wed Aug 10 00:35:09 PDT 2005

> >>So, apart from just "flush_all", you can now also specify an
> >>expiration for the flush to occur.
> >>
> >>flush_all\r\n        // flushes now
> >>flush_all 10\r\n        // flushes in 10 seconds
> >>flush_all 1120673174\r\n    // flushes at Wed Jul  6 18:06:14 2005
> >>GMT
>
> One question,
> How do you differentiate from "in 10 seconds" and a full UNIX Time
> stamp?

If the number of seconds is less than 30 days, it's relative.  If it's
more than 30 days, it's absolute.  This doesn't make lib author's
lives easy from an API perspective, but, on the server side of things,
I've thrown a [+-] character in there to qualify relative vs. absolute
times.  Not especially practical, but satisfies my pedantic need to
explicitly qualify operations.  Blame SmallTalk. -sc

--
Sean Chittenden