Server Selection

Gregory Block gblock at ctoforaday.com
Tue Dec 6 14:06:19 UTC 2005

On 6 Dec 2005, at 13:59, Greg Whalin wrote:

> This is 100% correct.  I guess I had never envisioned people
> putting the order in different.  I would not feel comfortable re-
> sorting the list in the event that the user intentionally set the
> order for some reason (can't think of a very compelling one off the
> top of my head, but does not mean there is not one).

The knee-jerk answer:  Because that's the way it's done on other
clients, and as such, behaviours between clients match?  :)

I don't feel there's a good reason to sort in-client unless all the
clients do so; there's no point in behaving differently, as it breaks
compatibility with any perl-based commandline tools one might write
to access the same data.

If someone wants to sort, they can sort on the way in, IMO.