PHP APIs

Antony Dovgal antony at zend.com
Tue Dec 27 21:31:49 UTC 2005

On 28.12.2005 00:06, Brian Moon wrote:
> We use the PHP API currently.  The PECL version may be "faster" in
> tests, but in the real world, you just don't notice.

What a nonsense.. =)

> I also like being
> able to fiddle with the PHP code to make it work like I like it rather
> than having to mess with C code and recompile, etc. etc.

If you need to change it constantly, then you're doing something terribly wrong.

> That new PECL API is quite new.

Apparently, yes. New is new. New is not old. And vice versa.

> If I were you, I would not mark it
> stable for a while.

If I were you, I wouldn't talk about something that I didn't try or even see.

I'd appreciate if you try to use PECL/memcache and send your remarks/criticism/ideas about it to me and Mikael Johansson (mikl [at] php dot net),
or even better - to pecl-dev at lists.php.net.

--
Wbr,
Antony Dovgal