Problem with netcat and memcached

Vicente Arteaga varteaga at tecnobe.com
Tue Feb 8 12:01:27 PST 2005

Hi Everyone!

I've done the following script to check that memcached has a key in it's
inside, and thus know that it's working correctly:
echo -e "get is_ok\r\nquit\r\n" | netcat $host $ip

and I find that sometimes it returns the VALUE in it's inside, but other
not.

The only way to be able to receive it correctly is to delay a second
between command and command:

echo -e "get is_ok\r\nquit\r\n" | netcat -i1 $host $ip

Maybe there is a race condition inside memcached that if it receives a
quit it closes the connection even when there is data to send?

--
Vicente Arteaga
Tecnobe Tecnología, S.L.