When to disconnect_all?

Batara Kesuma bkesuma at ml.gaijinweb.com
Tue Feb 8 19:53:35 PST 2005

Hi,

I read about this on Perl API documentation:

$memd->disconnect_all();
Closes all cached sockets to all memcached servers. You must do this if
your program forks and the parent has used this module at all. Otherwise
the children will try to use cached sockets and they'll fight (as
children do) and garble the client/server protocol.

Does this mean "never use cached connection"? When do I need to
disconnect_all?

For example, I run mod_perl with 60 processess, and 800
MaxRequestsPerChild. If I don't do disconnect_all at all how many times
will the cached sockets be shared?

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
bk