Announcing Cache::Memcached::Managed

Elizabeth Mattijsen liz at dijkmat.nl
Sat Jul 9 00:24:24 PDT 2005

At 10:34 PM -0700 7/8/05, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
>I was planning on releasing a module named Cache::Memcached::Managed

Sorry to have treaded on your plans with the
Cache::Memcached::Managed namespace, which were unknown to me.

>... for a
>totally different purpose.  (memcached's new managed mode...)

And what is that exactly?  I couldn't find anything about it.  Sounds exciting.

>Bleh, guess I'll need to find a new name.

Not necessarily.  Renaming the moduled to something else would not be
a big problem with its current seniority on CPAN.  I can't imagine
there are 1000's of people already using it.  My other option was
Cache::Memcached::Simple because of the simplified key generation.
And yet another option would be Cache::Memcached::Groups because of
the group management features.

>I suppose I'll just have a constructor option for Cache::Memcached
>like managed => 1, and then have that actually bless as
>Cache::Memcached::Type::Managed or something.
>
>*shrug*

As I said, not necessarily.  I would be glad to work out any
namespace conflicts with you / the memcached list.

Elizabeth Mattijsen