Performance when changing the length of a keys value. (It gets really bad.)

Alex Stapleton alexs at advfn.com
Fri Jul 15 09:45:15 PDT 2005

Sorry to bring this up again, but I have corrected the errors in the
tummy python client causing slowdowns, and am now experiencing my
original problem again.

Write 1000 128KB values, Is fast.
Write 1000 1 byte values, Is *very* slow.

I don't think this can be a client issue as if I restart the
memcached server, writing 1 byte values is fast if it's the first
thing I do and I have to restart python and edit my script to change
the data sizes.

Can someone else try and verify this please?