Slabs and Flush

Anatoly Vorobey mellon at pobox.com
Sun Mar 20 22:52:04 PST 2005

On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 08:43:50PM -0500, Greg Grothaus wrote:
> I am aware that there is an issue in memcached whereby sets can fail
> because there are no slabs of the correct size and there is not enough
> free memory available to memcached.  My question is whether or not the
> flush_all command given by many of the api's will reset the slab
> allocation, or just erase the data?

The latter.

More precisely, flush_all's effect is: pretend, for the purpose of
"get"'s, that we no longer have any data. It doesn't really erase any
data, or change its distrubution in any way, instead relying on
"set"'s pushing out old data sa new items come in.

--
avva
"There's nothing simply good, nor ill alone" -- John Donne