memcached and epoll

eon webmaster at darkstarlings.com
Thu May 5 11:45:25 PDT 2005

Greetings-

I am having some trouble getting memcached to run with epoll.  I have located my epoll header file at /usr/include/sys/epoll.h and when I build libevent (1.0e) all of the messages seem to indicate that it is finding epoll.  Quoting from the libevent configure:

checking sys/epoll.h usability... yes
checking sys/epoll.h presence... yes
checking for sys/epoll.h... yes

However when I run: EVENT_SHOW_METHOD=1 ./memcached

I get the following message:

[warn] epoll_create: Function not implemented
[msg] libevent using: poll

I am using memcached 1.1.12.

Joel

  ----- Original Message From: eon