memcached not releasing connections when under heavy load

Jon Drukman jsd at cluttered.com
Tue May 24 09:43:48 PDT 2005

Jon Drukman wrote:
> so basically it looks like with 150ish connections per second, this
> particular memcached is not releasing connections properly.

turns out i was mistaken.  it was a problem with our PHP code that was
causing the apache child not to exit, so of course the memcache
connection was not being closed automatically.  not a problem in
memcached at all!  (although perhaps an automatic idle timeout on
memcached connections isn't a bad idea...)

sorry to waste your time.

-jsd-