Scaling out memcached

Batara Kesuma bkesuma at ml.gaijinweb.com
Wed May 25 03:57:47 PDT 2005

Hi,

> If you're using modern FreeBSD or modern Linux (Linux 2.6), you can
> have tens of thousands of persistent connections per process without a
> sweat.
>
> Don't disable persistent connections.

Thank you all for the answers. I am using Linux 2.6, I will just bump up
the max connection.

One more scaling question, what about the persistent connection on
mod_perl side? I mean if I add more memcached servers, each mod_perl
server has to hold connections to all these memcached servers. Does this
scale well? How much memory does it cost to have 1 persistent
connection?