Memcached "squeezed" out of memory?

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Sep 7 01:30:59 PDT 2005

Don,

Can you run a script that logs top -p <pid> every hour or so, and post a
log of it all, from startup to crash?

We have memcached processes up for 172 days, so any time I hear about
a problem like this, I freak out.  I hope it's something else on your box
bloating in memory and making memcached swap, but I'm still paranoid.

Have you run memcached with -k to keep its memory pinned?

- Brad