memcache pool problem

Brian Moon brianm at dealnews.com
Fri Aug 4 06:08:53 UTC 2006

> Do I misunderstand all this stuff or is there anything wrong with my
> configuration?

I think you do misunderstand.  memcached is not a redundant cache.  It
is a distributed cache.  A given key will only ever live on one machine,
not on all of them.  So, while probability may be higher that the local
machine will be queried, that only means that more keys will be stored
there.  Oh, and if you different configs on different machines, getting
the same key on the same machines is pure luck.  All clients need to
have the same configuration.

--

Brian Moon