memcached installation error on Fedora Core 5

Yoav Shapira yoavs at computer.org
Sat Aug 12 01:01:40 UTC 2006

Hi,
I'm trying to install memcached on Fedora Core 5 and running into an error:
[root at dev]#memcached
memcached: error while loading shared libraries: libevent-1.1b.so.1:

I'm running Fedora Core 5, 64-bit:
[root at dev]# uname -a
Linux dev 2.6.17-1.2157_FC5smp #1 SMP Tue Jul 11 23:24:16 EDT 2006
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

I installed libevent (1.1b) from
http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/, no problem there.  The above
file, libevent-1.1b.so.1, is present at /usr/local/lib as one would
expect.  The regression tests that come with libevent pass without a
problem, including the epoll ones.

I downloaded memcached v1.1.12 from
http://www.danga.com/memcached/download.bml, ran configure, make, make
check, make install, all without a problem or error reported.  But
when I try to run it, I get the above error.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you ;)

Yoav