question about multiple server setup

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Wed Aug 30 19:08:49 UTC 2006

Yes, every time you change the pool size, you will basically have to
clear out your cache.

There was some stuff in one of the 1.1.13 prereleases (not sure if it's
still there) to abstract the number of physical servers from the hash
value resolution such that you could add and remove servers and still
retain most of your existing cache entries. I think that was more of a
"laying groundwork for the future" thing than a "you can use it right
now" thing, but maybe that impression is incorrect.

-Steve