How to get all the keys from servers?

Jed Reynolds lists at benrey.is-a-geek.net
Mon Dec 4 21:20:00 UTC 2006

Brian Moon wrote:
> Ivan Krstić wrote:
>> Brian Moon wrote:
>>> Isn't that what web logs are for?
>>
>> Bigger sites generally don't have webserver logging enabled.
>
> Heh, but they want to memcached every IP address that hits their site?

Even keeping the last hour of IPs helps identify botnet clients trying
to scrape content into spamlogs. These things rove in packs of fifty or
more. I'm already using memcache to track IPs that request signature
pages and automatically bar them. I'd rather not setup another database
node to do view what otherwise should be simple statistics that I don't
have to treat with any transactional consistency and are valuables for
only a few hours.

Jed