can't find libevent-1.1a.so.1 ??

Olivier Favre-Simon olivier.favre-simon at club-internet.fr
Thu Feb 9 11:08:22 UTC 2006

Not a memcached issue anymore, but anyway...

- Yep definitely you should never use LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point to
**untrusted** directories. That's not the case with /usr/local/lib or
any root-owned dir. Many distribs indeed have it in the default dynamic
linker search path.

 - ldconfig and /etc/ld.so.conf are for root, and sometimes you have no
root access on the box.

- If you're root then you're better rebuilding libevent with configure
--prefix=/usr   if /usr/local is not "good".

Regards.