server encoding

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Tue Feb 28 17:40:17 UTC 2006

The memcached protocol deals with chunks of 8-bit bytes.  How your
application wants to map those byte arrays to/from strings with
encodings is undefined, but there is the "flags" field on each object so
you can keep your own notes about the type of the data.

The server error messages can be assumed to be ASCII.

- Brad