Error handling in Cache::Memcached

Richard 'toast' Russo russor at msoe.edu
Wed Jul 12 19:14:04 UTC 2006

I think error conditions map to cache miss by design.  Chances are a
failure like this is transient, and if your site is completely
dependent on memcached, you just have to hope your DB (or other slow
resource) is going to avoid meltdown until your memcached servers
come back.  Chances are someone is tweaking the server options, and
it's going to be down for ~ 30 seconds.

A patch to have a way to test if there are active servers (if that's
not already there) would be fine.  Maybe some users are going to be
able to determine performance will be awful for some features and
turn them off.