Error handling in Cache::Memcached

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Wed Jul 12 21:35:06 UTC 2006

On Jul 12, 2006, at 2:18 PM, George Schlossnagle wrote:

In my previous follow-up I did try write something about more
powerful error handling options as a general rule should be welcome.
It kept sounding like bikeshedding from the "I don't actually do
anything useful, but I almost understand the theory" department, so I
left it out.

In any case: I for one would like to see the improvements you
suggested.  In production I haven't had a use for them, but while
testing and debugging I could have used them (too).

Vaguely related: It could be useful to have an option to get some
basic "what's going on" notifications to sub{}/$fh/whatever.
("Marked server 10.100.0.54:9876 as bad", "Couldn't connect to
10.100.0.59:37452", etc).

  - ask

--
http://askask.com/  - http://develooper.com/