memcache refusing to store

Tzvetan Tzankov ce at netage.bg
Mon Jul 24 08:31:47 UTC 2006

Hallo,

I am using memcached for a few months and now a problem arised.
Quite often it doesn't store the value (which is PHP session) and the
message is quite strange ... from time to time it is "Failed to write,
and not due to blocking" and the stranger one is "Failed to read, and
not due to blocking"

The problem appeared when I started to store some other data in
memcached through the same connection, but the other data doesn't
generate any error, something like

<7 set BREADCRUMB9m2063185557 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set BREADCRUMB9m2063185557 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set RecentFromSite 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set RecentFromSite 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set RecentFromSection9 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set RecentFromSection9 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set 217FORUMp0 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set 217FORUMp0 0 6 1
>7 STORED
<7 set 127001098b153ab1339415919c241cef92817d 0 1153492641 70
>7 STORED
Failed to write, and not due to blocking
<7 connection closed.

as a client I use http://weirdsilence.net/software/memsession

What can I do to prevent this from happening and actually find what is
the cause of the problem?

Thanks in advance

Best Regards
Tzvetan Tzankov