memcache bugs on 64-bit platforms?

Serhat Sakarya serhat at sakarya.nl
Tue Jul 25 09:16:34 UTC 2006

Does anyone have experience with running memcached on 64-bit platforms? I'm
using memcached on a dual-core opteron 170 with RHEL 4.3.

I've noticed that 1.1.13-pre2 has protocol bugs that 1.1.12 doesn't (or at
least: they're not triggered by the same code). In the code, there is a line
"XXX NOT SAFE ON 64 BIT FOR PROTOCOL REASONS NEED TO RECODE TO USE 4 byte
INTS ONLY" that indicates that this is a known bug.

Can it be safely assumed that 1.1.12 is stable for 64-bit?

Regards,

Serhat