Listing all keys on a server: why?

Langdon langdon at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 19:09:27 UTC 2006

(Failed to see that the discussion went list-wide, so I'm resending it
to the list, sorry for the dupe, Jamie).

I am definitely interested in a feature like this, mostly for trending
purposes.  While getStats(), and getExtendedStats() are both useful, I
am really interested in seeing what keys (or types of keys
(namespaces)) are being used, and more importantly HOW they're being
used (# of gets per key).

Ideally, I would like to see $mc->getKeys().  It would return every
non-expired key with statistics on each (including the value, number
of gets (if available or even remotely feasible), and the expiration
time).

It would be handy, unless namespaces will be added, to also be able to
$mc->getKeys('namespace'), which would just grab everything like
'namespace%' (again if remotely feasible).

I have a bit of memcache littered here and there throughout my code
base and it would be wonderful to be able to see how it's really being
used.

Cheers,
Langdon