memcached/libevent on Solaris 9

Michael Durket durket at hw-durket.stanford.edu
Tue Jun 6 17:51:53 UTC 2006

I'm interested in using memcached with an Apache module
on a mixture of systems, some of which are Linux but most
of them being Solaris 9.

I've seen a number of reports of excessive CPU activity on
Solaris systems over on the libevent mailing archive and it
makes me nervous about deploying memcached in a production
environment on Solaris servers.

Are there sites using memcached/libevent on Solaris 9 systems
in production environments with large numbers of httpd processes?
Or is it not advised to run this combination on Solaris?

Thanks.