Why not let the fs handle this ??

Simon Forman forman.simon at gmail.com
Sun Jun 11 04:34:44 UTC 2006

On 6/10/06, Robin Bowes <robin-lists at robinbowes.com> wrote:
> Evan Martin wrote:
> > If you use memcached like it's intended, updates to the backend clear
> > the cache so your cache will never be out of date.
>
> Evan,
>
> What did you mean by this?
>
> I'm just getting started with memcached and need ensure that my cache is
> not out of date.

He means that if your backend data changes (after being cached) your
app must flush or update any affected keys in the cache.  If it
doesn't your clients will get the old invalid data.

Peace,
~Simon

--
"The history of mankind for the last four centuries is rather like
that of an imprisoned sleeper, stirring clumsily and uneasily while