first time user with out of memory question

Mauro Nicolas Infantino mauroi at digbang.com
Mon Jun 12 14:32:57 UTC 2006

Even with enough memory, and a memcached server only working for the
session management, there's still a chance that some session data get
lost?

I mean, maybe memcached was not designed to store sessions, but if under
the right conditions it works ok, it could be a nice solution.

I think the problem here is not a matter of disk storage or memory
storage. Even sharedance, wich is designed for the sole purpose of
managing session data, suggests the usage of a tmpfs in its readme. The
real problem would be loosing sessions even with a memcached having
twice the memory it needs for the sessions.

Mauro.