PHP vs. Python vs. Perl

Larry Leszczynski larryl at emailplus.org
Wed Jun 28 20:15:35 UTC 2006

>>> http://dealnews.com/developers/memcached.html

> http://dealnews.com/developers/memcache-tests.tar.gz
>
> I have messed with that Apache config now and did not keep a copy of the
> mod_perl configuration.  I want to say I used real handlers as that was what
> appeared to be the fastest method.

Thanks Brian, I will take a look at that tar file.

One thing that occurred to me might make for a good test:  Your second
test was pulling a 212K file from memcached - what if you have another
test that uses the exact same Perl/Python/PHP code, except that it pulls
the 212K file from disk, or generates a 212K blob of data in memory?
Comparing those thw tests might help tease out how much of the difference
between the languages is due to their respective memcached clients.

Larry