Simple question

Cahill, Earl ecahill at corp.untd.com
Fri Mar 3 17:21:27 UTC 2006

Based on the keyname, a key/value pair gets hashed out to a particular
box.  Consequently, any operations (add, set, get, delete, etc) for that
keyname are pinned to the same box.

If a server goes down, and you are pinned to it, then what depends on
the value of no_rehash.  If no_rehash is true, then you're dead, as no
rehashing will take place.  If no_rehash is false, then memcache will
rehash based on which servers it thinks are up.  You can set no_rehash
using the set_norehash method.

You can find out about the above and other niceties by running the
command

perldoc Cache::Memcached

Good luck
Earl