Installing memcached on Solaris 6

gotta go only4questions at gmail.com
Thu May 4 15:12:19 UTC 2006

I am attempting to install memcached on an SunOS 5.6 server and am
expereincing the same problem as documented in

http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2004-August/000764.html

configured with:

LDFLAGS="-lm -lnsl -lsocket -lmalloc -lresolv" ./configure
--prefix=/usr/app/memcached/SunOS/ --with-libevent=/usr/app/memcached/SunOS/

on making I get

gcc -DNDEBUG -g -O2 -I/usr/app/memcached/SunOS//include -lm -lnsl -lsocket
-lmalloc -lresolv -L/usr/app/memcached/SunOS//lib -o memcached  memcached.o
slabs.o items.o assoc.o  -levent
daemon                              memcached.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to memcached

Response:
http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2004-August/000765.html

explains the reason why, but C is not my native language. Could someone
advise me on the best method of solving this issue?

Thank you in advance