memcached to listen on more than one IP

Just Marc marc at corky.net
Thu May 18 14:16:28 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

As memcached's only line of defense is listening on
internal/inaccessible addresses, the option of making it listen on more
than one IP address is missing -- I do want it to listen on two private
networks but not on an externally accessible IP.   Of course this is
achievable without making any changes to memcached by using basic fw
rules or other tricks, but that adds unnecessary complexities that are
not really desirable in performance systems.

That's my wish list item for the next version.

Thanks!