Memcache connection errors

Reinis Rozitis roze at roze.lv
Wed May 24 21:26:37 UTC 2006

We sometime (quite rarely) experience the same situation / "Unknown error
(0)" issues (on a gigabit network with all the openfiles limits maxed out)
though we are unable to track down any network problems.

The workaround we use is just to doublecheck the connection and on failure
make a second attempt:

$mc = new Memcache;
if (!$mc->connect('127.0.0.1',11212)) { $mc->connect('127.0.0.1',11212); }

rr