Multi-daemon setup

Darryl Kuhn Darryl.Kuhn at skinit.com
Thu Oct 5 20:19:31 UTC 2006

Sorry for the noob question, but I've been kicking around the on-line
docs and blogs and I just want to clarify... memcached does not itself
support any multi-daemon configuration - correct? In other words when I
start up 15 memcache daemons they're not on their own going to know that
each other exist. Rather I need to specify in the API (in this case I'm
using the PECL extension in PHP) that I want to add 15 connections to
the pool (using $memcacheInstance->addServer( serverData ) ) and it
handles it from there. Is that right?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Darryl Kuhn