Multiple mecached server

komtanoo.pinpimai at livetext.com komtanoo.pinpimai at livetext.com
Tue Oct 10 16:39:05 UTC 2006

Hi,

I'm start using memcached on serveral machines, about 10. I'm curious how
memcached know which machine stores which key, because in the memcached
server configuration, there's no option in memcached command line argument
to list all memcached servers in cluster, which means these servers are
unlikely to communicate, so it's resposibility of client to have an
efficient way to look up keys, for example, use hashing strategy. I wonder
how memcached perl API does this ?, hope it's not a brute force one ?

-kem