Simple questions from memcached newbie

Philip Neustrom philipn at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 07:31:50 UTC 2006

MySQL cluster is a database designed to hold your data in a
distributed form and happens to use memory for a lot of the indexed
data due to high communication overhead.  The fact it stores a lot of
stuff in memory doesn't make it a terrific caching system or anything
-- at least any more than normal MySQL, which will tend to store
indexs in memory if it can, anyway.  Memcached is just data cache.