Memcached Clusters?

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Tue Oct 24 17:43:47 UTC 2006

Moritz Maisel wrote:
> As far as I understand the (perl) client-code, the client just tries to
> connect to the next server from the pool until it is successful if a connect
> fails.

That probably is the default behavior; when the Perl client was written
it was thought to be the right approach. But I recommend you get rid of
that code from the client. In our experience it causes more problems
than it solves; we removed similar "try the next server" code from our
PHP client. Let it fail to the database if a server goes down and you'll
have far fewer headaches with cache inconsistency.

-Steve