Using memcached with MySQL Cluster vs. stand-alone MySQL Cluster?

EKC webmaster at generalsynthesis.com
Wed Sep 6 00:57:41 UTC 2006

Hello,

I am planning on moving my MySQL-Memcached webapp to a MySQL Cluster
(5.0). Since MySQL Cluster maintains the entire database in main
memory (and checkpoints commits to disk), I am starting to wonder
whether or not I still need memcached.

What are the advantages to using memcached with MySQL Cluster vs. a
stand-alone MySQL Cluster database?

I have read that MySQL Cluster 5.1 now supports storing non-indexed
data on disk. However, I am not using that feature; my entire MySQL
Cluster database will be in main memory across 12 data nodes (each on
a separate machine).

Thanks in advance!