java client locking issue

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Apr 4 22:20:27 UTC 2007

On Apr 4, 2007, at 14:53 , Muruga Chinnananchi wrote:

> I was trying to use the one memcahed server with the java client on
> the same machine. i tried with 100 threads using the
> MemcachedClient using the same socket pool (with 300 socket
> connections minimum), after few seconds all the threads getting
> locked at com.danga.MemCached.SockIOPool.checkIn. I wanted to
> measure the memcached performance numbers with lots of threads
> concurrently executing the getMulti( ) method.
>
> Using 1 thread, i get 150 msec response..when i tried with 5
> threads i get 350 msec average...as i increase the threads the the
> response is slower and slower (2000 msecs average). Am i missing
> some configurations?, here is my config.

	I'd be interested to see your results against my client.  I wrote it
specifically to avoid some of the bottlenecks I ran into with the
multi-threaded client:

	http://bleu.west.spy.net/~dustin/projects/memcached/

	A single connection with a single thread should give you the
performance you need (since that's all that's on the server-side).  I
could conceivably run more than one connection per server if there's
a bottleneck in the wire protocol.

--
Dustin Sallings