New user questions

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Fri Apr 13 16:49:20 UTC 2007

On Apr 13, 2007, at 7:24 , Cal Heldenbrand wrote:

> Thanks for all the info!  Do you think you could give me a small
> snippet of that mcsets file you generated?  I've only scanned over
> the protocol a bit, but I'd like to do a few tests in my
> environment too.  I didn't think I could use netcat directly on the
> server, that's pretty cool.  :-)

	This is how I generated them:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import sys

for i in range(int(sys.argv[1])):
         sys.stdout.write("set k%s 0 300 26\r\n%s\r\n" % (i, "x" * 26))

	Notice the CR is important, so this won't necessarily paste well
(ff=dos in vim will probably do it):

set k0 0 300 26
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
set k1 0 300 26
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
set k2 0 300 26
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

	I sent the output of nc to /dev/null, but you could also stream it
through grep looking for errors.  Checking the stats and spot
checking was fine for me since I really just wanted to know how fast
it *could* load them (on my machine, anyway).

--
Dustin Sallings