Any issues with pipelining requests?

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Wed Apr 18 07:10:09 UTC 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 23:50, Steven Grimm wrote:

> No problems. Memcached guarantees you'll receive fully-formed
> the requests were sent.

	Excellent, thanks.  I assumed it was fine until I saw the twisted
post.  It's been passing all of my tests.

	Actually, that's not entirely true -- I had one test that started
1000 async sets and then tried to a graceful shutdown with a 3ms
timeout and it completed the sets before my timeout.  That's a good
test to fail, though.  :)

> Obviously if you're using the UDP interface, your network might
> give you out-of-order delivery.

	Right, I've temporarily given up on UDP.  :)  I'll have to
eventually try it again, though.

> Those results are just what I'd expect -- you're eliminating (or at
> least greatly reducing) network round-trip time as a limitation on
> your throughput.

	There's still optimization I can perform here, but this is pretty
good so far.

--
Dustin Sallings