Inconsistent performance

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Apr 19 18:16:34 UTC 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 5:52 , Matthew Gibble wrote:

> 2. Is there some setting that I can use on the server
> or client that might help me get more regular
> performance?

	I can't speak for the java client you're using, but for mine queue
and buffer sizes cause dramatic variance in performance.  Going from
an 8k buffer to a 32k buffer was the difference between 13s for
300,000 26-byte sets and 10s for the same (somewhere between 5 and 6
seconds using netcat with pregenerated requests).

	Can you give me your test program?  I'd be interested in including
it as one of my performance tests.

--
Dustin Sallings