memcached not using allocated memory

Lewis, Bill blewis at
Thu Apr 19 21:15:42 UTC 2007

Why does a "SERVER_ERROR out of memory" error occur when stats say there is plenty of memory available?  I am loading objects that are all 16394 bytes and using the default growth factor of 1.25.  According to the stats the cache is only 55% full.  Where is the other 45%?  Relevant stats below.

STAT curr_items 3540
STAT bytes 58234589
STAT limit_maxbytes 104857600 

More information about the memcached mailing list