Hackathon!

Don MacAskill don at smugmug.com
Fri Aug 24 04:46:31 UTC 2007

So we're having rare (maybe a dozen errors per multiple billion
requests) errors with the PECL memcached client.  The server failed
callback is fired, but the server in question is up, has lots of open
connections, etc etc.  Other clients, like our custom PHP client, aren't
showing any errors whatsoever.

Others at the hackathon mentioned similar issues, again only at large scale.

Since the failback callback only accepts host/port and not other useful
data like an error message or even the command that was issued, it's
been hard to debug and reproduce in a fixable manner.

But I'd be all over it if someone could help me track it down.  :)

Thanks!

Don