check_key

jacques.ales at bnpparibas.com jacques.ales at bnpparibas.com
Tue Aug 28 16:22:46 UTC 2007

I don't understand why space is considered as a control char,
while and del is not considered so.

Internet
philipn at gmail.com@lists.danga.com - 08/28/2007 06:13 PM

Sent by:        memcached-bounces at lists.danga.com

To:     memcached
cc:
Subject:        Re: check_key

>>> c = 'hi there'
>>> space = c[2]
>>> ord(space)
32

The memcached protocol spec says no control chars.  ord(c) < 33 does that.

That is the latest version of the client.  You can grab new releases
here: http://www.tummy.com/Community/software/python-memcached/

--Philip Neustrom

On 8/28/07, jacques.ales at bnpparibas.com <jacques.ales at bnpparibas.com>
wrote:

> hello
>
> I'm using the python wrapper for memcached in it's version
> __author__    = "Evan Martin <martine at danga.com>"
> __version__ = "1.36"
> __copyright__ = "Copyright (C) 2003 Danga Interactive"
> __license__   = "Python"
>
> I can't figure out if this is the latest since the verion available in
the
> svn repository is
> http://code.sixapart.com/svn/memcached/trunk/api/python/memcache.py
> __author__    = "Evan Martin <martine at danga.com>"
>  __version__   = "1.2"
>  __copyright__ = "Copyright (C) 2003 Danga Interactive"
>  __license__   = "Python"
>

> anyway, my concern is that version 1.36 checks key validity with the
> followinf function, that excludes spaces char (ascii32)
> as being 'control characters'.
>
> I was wondering is this is correct.
> and also wondering why other chars as DEL(ascii127) are not excluded
>
> thanks for your clues
>
> jacques
>

> def check_key(key, key_extra_len=0):
>     """Checks sanity of key.  Fails if:
>         Key length is > SERVER_MAX_KEY_LENGTH (Raises
MemcachedKeyLength).
>         Contains control characters  (Raises
MemcachedKeyCharacterError).