Memcached PHP Sessions

howard chen howachen at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 04:19:45 UTC 2007

> Wrong!
> Filesystem handling 100k files (or 4mil on our case) - pain in the ass even
> its tmpfs you end up wasting much space (because of the blocksizes).

1. are you serving 1M users using just 1 web server? if not, sessions
should be distributed ammong web servers of their local filesystem.

2. you have 1M users but have 4M session files? consider if you have
10-20 % of frequently used active users (which is quite high in fact),
you have too many useless session files.