Best practice: profile before adding memcached?

Brian Moon brianm at dealnews.com
Tue Feb 6 06:11:52 UTC 2007

> at the time the developer is writing the query, they should make sure
> the query is fast and efficient, if they are not sure, use the explain
> statements.

Sure, but his question is specifically about adding memcached to an
existing application.  In that case, you are past the explain stage.  He
needs to learn where the bottlenecks are for his application.  They
could not be SQL related at all.  We have found there are large blocks
of code that we want to skip and memcache the resulting data from them.

--

Brian Moon